Commercial Urban Farming
About the Course
Since 2014, Agritecture has been advising clients on the key best practices needed to ensure the success of their urban farming businesses. Over the years, we’ve shared our knowledge via industry conferences, design workshops, and in-person classes at our office in New York.
Now for the first time, we’re bringing this knowledge online so that anyone, anywhere, can access it!
Our online Commercial Urban Farming Course includes more than 2.5 hours of video learning - broken down into 6 comprehensive lessons - each lesson made up of digestible 5-10 minute modules. Additional resources will help you translate insights into actions. And finally, after completing 4 lessons, you’ll unlock a free webinar with one of our expert consultants.
You’ll walk away with a clear understanding of how to think strategically and avoid mistakes when it comes to planning an urban farming business.
“This inspired me to keep moving forward with my project and dream of running my own urban farm.”
What You Will Learn
Lesson 1 | Introduction to Commercial Urban Farming
- Understanding the full spectrum of urban agriculture solutions & impact categories
- Key lessons learned from current case studies and past failures
- How to position your farm for success
Lesson 2 | Economics: Techniques for Modeling a Profitable Farm Business
- Financial Modeling 101
- Understanding key revenue and cost levers
Lesson 3 | Choosing Your Systems, Technology, and Structures
- Greenhouse vs. Vertical Farm considerations
- An introduction to hydroponic systems
- Understanding lighting options, nutrient solutions, air flow, and CO2 enrichment
Lesson 4 | Understanding Your Market & Choosing Your Crops
- How to conduct proper market research
- Marketing & selling your product
- Evaluating various sales channels
Lesson 5 | CEA Energy Considerations: Climate Control Strategies
- The importance of climate control
- How crops respond to various climatic conditions
Lesson 6 | Is Going Organic Right for Your CEA Farm?
- Advantages & disadvantages of organic certification
- Additional organic applications: aquaponics and aeroponics
“I'd highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to see the potential and possibilities in urban agriculture.”
- Melissa B.
Who You'll Learn From
Henry Gordon-Smith | Founder & CEO, Agritecture
Yara Nagi | Director of Operations, Agritecture
Djavid Amidi-Abraham | Lead Systems Designer, Agritecture
David Ceaser | Lead Agronomist, Agritecture
Alberto Lopez | Systems Engineer, Agritecture
Eric Roth | CEA Operations Consultant, Agritecture
“I left the class with a thorough understanding of what it takes to run a successful urban farm. Five stars. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.”
- Paul S.